Sunday, June 26, 2005

Stilt Walkers


Yes!!, This fed my soul, goose bumps and all. It was a large group of woman who had worked together for 6 weeks on all kinds of circus acts, this was there final show called Bust, and I got to see it!!, It was a gorgeous show. Not only were there stilt walkers but there were aerial acts on hoops, cloth and trapeze's and lots of acrobatics as well and silly clowning that really had me engaged and laughing.
My time in Santa Fe has been rich and wonderful. I marched not only in pride but also in the Dyke march the night before. After the Dyke March, Jennifer, Jeanine, Beth and I went to see
Lisp, a monthly queer, trans/cabaret. It takes place at Backroads Pizza once a month. It felt like a San Francisco club in the mission and guess who was the host for the show?, It was a famous Dyke from San Francisco, Cooper. She organized it and it has been a popular venue in Santa Fe now for two years. We saw a stripper, a monologue, by a sweet boy, about his coming out to his parents who are from Arkansa, and some great puppetry performance. The best was when Cooper dressed up like Dolly Pardon and lipped sang a song about living in small towns. Yee haw!
I am off to Albuquerque after I post this, for one more night, I am going to visit my new friend Beth and pick up my trailer that I stored at Lisa and Tamara's garage. Monday morning I will leave to Snowflake, Arizona to meet up with a woman who lives in a mud hut with no electricity out in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: