Thursday, June 09, 2005

Aunt Alice's


June 1st. Bristol Connecticut.
Time to catch up, I was attempting to post a video of the Bingo Hall, but I am still working on how to post it.
I arrived to Connecticut to Alice’s apartment around 6:30 pm; she immediately served me dinner, pea soup with chunks of ham, and two egg sandwiches on white bread. I gobbled it all down with a glass of water, in the background was Spin The Wheel, and we tried guessing the answers with the players.
The next day we played Bingo in the hall down from her apartment. It was the last Bingo game until September so it was a special occasion. I was so excited I was going to play Bingo with Alice. You see, that’s my best memories of visiting Uncle Charlie and Alice in the summers when I was younger. I remember we would gather the ink stamp bottles, and go to the large community halls and play Bingo for hours. I always sat next to Alice and she would help me out by pointing to the numbers I missed, I would hiss at her and say let me do it myself. Sure enough during our game that evening years later in our lives, the same thing happened, she helped me, and this time I helped her and it was just right. We both won a little money. As I sat there playing and listening to the woman holler out the numbers repeating twice for those hard of hearing, I realized how listening to the numbers repeated over and over again was actually very meditative and relaxing. I wonder if the others felt that way to and that Bingo is just another way of meditating and relaxing with a large group of people.

No comments: