Tuesday, July 05, 2005

San Clemente, California

I arrived to San Clemente to see Margarite a good ol wonderful pal of mine. She replaced me in Peace Corps and lived in the same village I lived in for two years in Honduras. She has been living in San Clemente now for a number of years and lives in the cutest house with her husband Mark and two great roommates. As soon as I arrived, it felt like vacation mode. Margarite and I went right away to the beach and jumped in naked with our dogs. Margarite is pregnant and it was beautiful to see her round belly, just a few more months, yipeee. The next day we went back to the beach and spent the whole day with a long board, umbrellas, sandwiches, chips, a cooler with cold beer, yes!. I surfed and caught lots of waves. The fun just kept on going. Margaret called some friends and we rented a 30ft sailboat and 8 of us went sailing the next day. That was a lot of fun too, but I don’t think I really like sailing on huge boats that much. I wasn’t sea sick, but I felt like I could be, and I wanted to do more than to stand around on the boat. I like the smaller action pact sail boats.
I didn't take any pictures for some reason. You will just have to imagin warm ocean waves, sand, surfboards, bellys, sailboats, naps, sandwiches, seagulls, and Sushi.

No comments: