Tuesday, July 05, 2005

115 Degrees


115 degrees in Phoenix, Arizona I drove through the miserable heat, I wanted to get to the biggest water source, which I believed would be the Colorado River right on the border of Arizona and California. At first I thought, I might go and camp above Fort Apache near a dam, but it was a bit out of the way, and their was a huge fire on the side of the road with all the smoke blowing in that direction. I felt the urge to pass the fire away from the direction the smoke was blowing. The smoke was a super thick grey and coming from some industrial factory like structure. My fear was that it somehow was carrying chemicals and I should get as far away as possible from it. So I did, the highway felt like a river anyway, full of cars, and no way to get out of it except to move forward. It was hot, Lucha was doing exceptionally well, somehow finding a way to sleep deeply rather than be bothered with panting. From time to time I had to make sure she was actually alive and breathing.

No comments: