Friday, July 22, 2005

Installing at the Oakland Airport



I have just finished a fun week of installing at the Oakland Airport a group of works done by folks at Creative Visions. I have learned so much in just four days. There are so many tricks to hanging art, and treating the pieces with utmost care. Especially at the airport where we must hang everything so that it is earthquake safe, and also so that the public viewers cannot grab the art off the wall and run. I learned about using cleats, 409 to rub off marks on the wall, seflon and copper crimps to secure art, steel pins to hold down pieces, I even used some tools that I have never seen before. This is just the beginning. It is only part time work which is great, because I can get into Third Street Studio and work on my art, yet it makes it difficult to pay rent, bills, and the endless loans looming overhead. I feel determined, and confident that somehow it will all work out. Yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go!!