Thursday, June 15, 2006

Art Farm in Nebraska
































In just a few months, after I turn 37, which is the last day of August, I will load up my Nissan pick-up truck with art supplies and tools, and begin driving to Nebraska. I will be starting an art residency at ARTFARM which is located in the middle of Nebraska near the small town, Marquette. My home from September to November will be inside a 100 year old farm house out on the wide open plains. I will have access to a tractor if I would like, or maybe a horse. There will be a full woodshop, and lots of wood. There will be quiet nights filled with stars and there will be wind. I have never spent time in Nebraska. I wonder what I will be inspired to make while I am there. This is a cookhouse on wheels that followed the harvesters from field to field and the second picture is a group of folk with their wheat harvesting equipment all from the 1900's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shooting stars

Anonymous said...

Would love to have you stop by lovely Colorado on your way to Nebraska!!! Love Lisa